What We’re Seeking
The church is seeking a part time, ideally bi-vocational teaching elder or lay pastor to serve with ruling elders and committed members of the church to help channel the heart of God into this community.
- Meet elder/overseer requirements of character in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 2
- 5 years experience serving in a church with significant teaching responsibility
- Willingness to serve and engage community and members beyond the church campus
- Designs worship service with Director of Music and Worship Leaders
Who We Are
Banks Presbyterian Church has been in thoughtful prayer and preparation for the search of a new permanent part-time pastor to lead the congregation. Banks, an Evangelical Presbyterian Church, is a small, devoted congregation of about 65 members and Sunday attendance averages 75 individuals.
Located in Marvin, NC, a suburb of Charlotte, the church is situated in an ideal place to reach a multitude of communities. We are seeking a pastor that shares our vision of going into the world, baptizing new believers, and teaching people to live out their faith in the world. We have a 100+ year relationship with our sister church, Marvin AME, serving Marvin together.
As a church we are debt free, exceeding our yearly expenses by close to 10%. 40% of all money received goes directly toward missions, locally and abroad.
- $45,000 Combined Salary & Housing Allowance
- Car, Phone, Continuing Education, and Hospitality Allowance
- 4 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks study leave
- Be part of a growing and loving congregation who loves God and others
- Members focused on deepening faith and making new disciples
How to Apply
Send your Personal Information Form and resume to Knot Navigators firstname.lastname@example.org